Ved Vignan Maha Vidya Peeth (VVMVP) is a registered Public Charitable Trust (registered vide no. 614/iv/205/ November 18th, 1981) constituted to promote spiritual, educational, cultural and social developmental activities for the benefit of the public. The Trust does not have any commercial or profit motives.
The Trust grew out of a need to promote the spiritual heritage of our country, propagation of the scientific principles in Vedic literature, education, medical relief and any other objects of general public utility. The benefits of this Trust are primarily for the economically weaker sections of public in India without any distinction of sex, caste or religion. The Trust property including its funds and income are applied solely towards promotion of the objects for which this Trust is established.
The organization runs various programs which are designed to develop personality, eliminate mental stress, and improve the physical health of an individual irrespective of economic status, caste or religion. The organization also works to instill a sense of self-esteem in the youth and women of urban and rural India. It promotes educational, social, recreational, cultural and other activities that can strengthen and bring about a positive change in society.
Objectives of the Trust
- Organizing and coordinating programs and activities which promote values and create an ideal society.
- To promote education by establishing free schools for the poor, providing books to deserving or needy students and by awarding scholarships, etc.
- To carry on any social service or relief work for helping the poor, disabled or others affected by natural calamities, either independently or in co-operation with other organizations.
- To organize and conduct spiritual, economic, educational and culturalseminars and conferences.
- To organize and conduct youth exchange programs with other countries so that there is an exchange of ideas and information leading to greater understanding among peoples.
- Any other programs conducive to the creation of an ideal society and all round development of the individual will be undertaken and promoted by the Trust.
VVMVP envisions a long-term, far-reaching social transformation to uplift individuals, families and communities through its programs and other service projects. While tapping the full potential of human life, VVMVP is also committed to bringing about a scientific reappraisal of traditional knowledge and utilizing it for the benefit of human kind.
Over the past thirty years, VVMVP has been dedicated to rural development programs, women’s empowerment projects, educational initiatives and research. Its rural schools cater to thousands of children and 404 free schools in the tribal and rural belts of India. VVMVP’s vision of free education extends to providing free transportation, uniforms, mid-day meals, books and accessories.
Other community welfare activities, such as building houses, toilets and conducting rehabilitation and special workshops based on Vedic knowledge that cater to an individual’s body and mind have added a multifarious dimension to the Trust’s sole objective of serving mankind.
Realizing the urgent need to address the social issue of substance abuse, The VVMVP De-Addiction Research Centre was set up in 2003 providing de-addiction and rehabilitation therapy.
For implementation of its projects, apart from its self-initiated ventures, VVMVP has additionally developed partnerships with many national and state government ministries and agencies, UN bodies, WHO, bilateral & multilateral agencies, private foundations and thus has successfully collaborated in implementing a plethora of interventions in the social development sector.
Time and again VVMVP has contributed in leading and steering faith based sessions at various prestigious national and international forays, primarily to reiterate that no social developmental challenge can be effectively and holistically addressed without the component of spirituality and the involvement of faith leaders.